The ideal portable motor analysis test tool, the 438-II can help locate, predict, prevent, and troubleshoot power quality problems in three-phase and single-phase power distribution systems, while giving technicians the mechanical and electrical information they need to effectively evaluate motor performance.
- Measure key parameters like speed, torque and mechanical power without mechanical sensor all while the motor is in service simply by using three-phase input measurements
- Calculate Mechanical Power and Efficiency without the need for mechanical sensors
- Automatically calculate motor derating according to NEMA/IEC guidelines
- Measure electrical power parameters such as voltage, current, power, apparent power, power factor, harmonic distortion and unbalance to identify characteristics that impact motor efficiency
- PowerWave data technology captures fast RMS data, and shows half-cycle averages and waveforms to characterize electrical system dynamics (generator start-ups, UPS switching etc.
- Identify power quality issues such as dips, swells, transients, harmonics and unbalance
- Waveform capture function captures 100/120 cycles (50/60 Hz) of each event detected the event, in all modes, without set-up
- Automatic transient mode captures waveform data at 200 kS/s on all phases simultaneously up to 6 kV
- Fluke Connect® compatible* – view data locally on the instrument, via Fluke Connect mobile app and PowerLog 430-II desktop software
- Highest safety rating in the industry: 600 V CAT IV/1000 V CAT III rated for use at the service entrance.